2008 Sierra Denali With 6 Inch Lift and 35′s

Usually these GMC Sierra Denali's are just lifted with a leveling kit.  See a pic of my leveled GMC Denali here

Here we have a sweet lifted Sierra Denali, this must have cost a pretty penny. As you might know already, it is very difficult to lift a AWD Sierra Denali. There are all sorts of problems to get around. Kudos to "Outlawbiz" for figuring this one out.

2008 Lifted Sierra Denali 6" BDS Lift Kit 35×12.5×20 Mickey Thompsons Baja ATZ Radial Plus tires 20×8.5 Liquidmetal Magma machined wheels Bullett Black Powdercoated Nerf Bars GM Rear Wheelhouse liners

22 Comments

1. April 2, 2010  12:26 pm by Jeremy Reply

Thats crazy, I know how hard it is to lift a Denali. Good JOB!

2. April 15, 2010  12:08 am by Robert sparks Reply

I like the lift I have a truck just like it how much did the lift cost

3. May 12, 2010  3:45 pm by Brent Reply

awesome lift. if you dont mind how much did it cost you and where did you get the whole lift from

4. May 12, 2010  11:07 pm by Huderle Reply

How can I find that same grille insert? That insert is not the normal punch hole inserts. Where did you get it?

5. August 4, 2010  12:29 pm by OutlawBiz Reply

Hey all...thanks for the comments! As far as I know...I was the 1st person to attempt a lift on the NBS AWD Denali's...it was a bit nerve-wracking...but it all worked out and now I am stoked that I did it! The lift is a 6" BDS kit with 35x12.5x20's. Lift was $1,500 - install was $500. Wheels / tires / wheelhouse liners / nerf bars etc. were extra.

Only "trick" to getting this to work with an AWD is to havea custom dual cardan (CV) front drive shaft to help with front end noise / vibration do to geometry issues created by lift install. Once that was built / installed...rides like a dream (only better)! =D

6. August 4, 2010  12:31 pm by OutlawBiz Reply

Huderle~
    Forgott to mention...the grille you see in the pic IS the STOCK GMC grille...I just had the GMC lettering blacked out.

7. August 7, 2010  8:45 am by admin Reply

Thanks for stopping by OutlawBiz! I have an AWD Denali also, I ended up with a leveling kit because every shop I went to turned me away. Love the truck!

Recent PIC

8. September 4, 2010  10:03 am by Karina Reply

Nice truck! do you know if you can put a lift like that on a 2010 or 2011 AWD denali?

9. October 14, 2010  8:35 am by Buddy Webster Reply

Looks great! I just had a 6 inch BDS installed on my 2008 Silverado Crew cab with 35's and I'm having rubbing issues up front. Did you have any issues with rubbing?

10. October 30, 2010  11:41 am by Kyle Reply

Looks pretty nice. Gas jobs are junk though. What a guy needs us the duramax denali. You can swith those in and out of 4wd witch is also nice

11. December 2, 2010  2:49 pm by Alex Reply

So, how did you solve the front end CV joint geometry issue?

12. December 27, 2010  9:52 pm by Stevo Reply

Can I put a 2.5 inch leveling kit and a body lift combo? 2010 Sierra denial

13. January 13, 2011  7:06 am by RIck Reply

Nice truck. I am looking at getting a 2011 GMC Sierra Denali and then hopefully lifting it within the first 6 months of having the truck. My question is, what is the max you can go on a lift without having to change anything underneath the truck. There is a certain height that you could go without changing brake line lengths, etc. I was wondering what that was. I would be fine with a 3 inch lift. Let me know if 3 or 6 would be better. I am not taking it mudding or anything, just have always wanted a lifted, nice looking GMC.

14. February 6, 2011  12:59 pm by Garret Bender Reply

Hey Man,
    Truck looks mint. Email me at garretbender@gmail.com
    I have some questions,
    Thanks

Garret

15. March 8, 2011  9:46 am by OutlawBiz Reply

Hey all~
    Just to answer a few questions about the truck...

@Buddy~as far as any rubbing issues up front. I had the front lower plastic air dam cut back / rounded off just an inch or so. That's all it took to prevent front tires from rubbing when turning. Only time I get a rub is when I go over as bump/curb etc. and am turning sharp AT THE SAME TIME...otherwise NO rubbing issues.

@Alex~ front axle geometry issues were corrected with the addition of the dual cardan (dual cv) joint on the front drive shaft.

@Rick~Not sure on the max height without "changing" anything underneath!? I told my installer what I was looking for in th eend result...he took care of ordering/installing everything.

16. April 3, 2011  7:20 pm by Mark Reply

Nice looking truck man, but I had my 2008 denali lifted 6" in 2008 out in Hawaii while in the military, sorry nt the first!

17. April 21, 2011  9:00 am by Mike Reply

Are you saying you don't have any vibration issues? I had my front drive shaft modified the same as yours but still have a vibration on
    acceleration. It feels to me as if it is coming from the back though. I had the lift shop try and adjust the pinion angle a few times but no change. I think I may need to modify the rear driveshaft as well. Any ideas?

18. February 20, 2013  2:08 am by clay naquin Reply

hey man i know this post is old but i was told that 33's or bigger on awd denali would blow the front end out within 10-20k miles. i have a leveled 2010 sierra denali and just wanted some feedback of how your truck has done with the 35's and did you modify or regear anything?

• October 9, 2013  5:53 pm by Pat Reply

I too would like to know how your truck is doing. What problems have you had, if any? Has anyone else attempted a similar lift on the Denali? I recently got stuck in a blizzard in SD and am ready to put some money into making sure it doesn't happen again.

19. July 4, 2013  5:05 pm by Martha Buyer Reply

very sweet looking truck! i am a big fan of GMCs/Chevys!!!!! i have a 07 GMC Sierra 1500 xt cab with a 6 inch Skyjacker lift, ProComp 35s on 17 inch Dick Cepek wheels and Magnaflow Dual exhaust. i love my truck and appreciate trucks!!!!!

20. August 7, 2013  1:01 am by kevin brasuell Reply

I have a 2011 1500 denali awd truck I want to lift it but I would settle for a level truck right now can I put a two inch level kit on or do I have to build a driveshaft even with that. also will a regular sierra leveling kit work on it any help would be appreciated

21. December 22, 2013  11:17 pm by Trae Edwards Reply

Added 2.5 to the front and 1.5 to the back and it drives perfect.. even at 85mph 285/60/20 also fit perfect with no issues. .. probably the less expensive way to go..2010 gmc d awd