09 chevy 1500 lift and tires question

i am bout 2 get a lift for my 09 chevy silverado 1500 4×4. its a rough country 4.75 in. lift kit, 3.5 in suspension (strut spacers and a arms up fronts an 1.5 in. blocks in back) and 1.25 in of body lift. anybody know wat size tires ima b able 2 fit without rubbing????? website says up to 33″ but i was really wanting more of a 35 in. just wanna get some feedback so i dont order 35’s an put em on an realize they rub

9 Comments

1. March 21, 2012  6:22 pm by admin Reply

My guess is 35's will work. I only have a leveling kit on my AWD GMC Denali and I can fit 33 inch tires.

2. May 2, 2012  2:45 pm by Austin Reply

I'm guessing the 35's will work with the lift and the body lift.

3. May 13, 2012  8:59 pm by Scott Reply

Hey Chevy 4 Life - this is my experience. I have a '09 Chevy 1500 crew cab short bed with a 6" Pro Comp suspension lift on it and 35 x 12.5 x 18" Goodyear MTR's. I had problems with tire rub when taking tight turns (slow speeds) and it occurred more frequently on inclines. I tried everything that I could think of to fix the problem; front fender elimination kit from 4 Wheel Parts ($150.00) larger lift blocks in the rear ($75) I cranked up my adjustable coil over Pro Comp front shocks.....still rubbed up front! The rubbing got less but it was still annoying, considering that the truck had 6" of suspension lift on it. I do a lot of off-roading in the snow and use tire chains frequently and knew that I wouldn't be able to fit those under my fenders without tearing sh*t up so I finally had to resort to a 1.5" body lift to fix the clearance issues ($350 installed). No more rubbing and the chairs clear - barely. I see lots of half tons out there with 35's on them so I am not sure if the have similar problems but I would bet they do. I love the truck and have lots of other mods. on it ; bumper, winch, power programmer, throttle body spacer, custom exhaust, K&N cold air intake, lots of extra lights, etc. I have only had two sets of tires on it so far, the MTR'S and some BFG KM2's (mud terrain) and they both rubbed before the body lift so maybe a different rim size or off-set would help too. I hope this helped, I had the same questions you did early on and I wish I would have known....

• June 4, 2012  3:28 am by tyler Reply

what off set are the rims you have? i was hoping to run some 35s but i dont wanta lift the truck too much. i have heard some people say that a 3 inch will clear 35s? and what programer do you have? i was wanting to find one to disable the torque management and the active fuel managment. thanks for any info you might have

• June 21, 2012  6:33 pm by rrjjpp74 Reply

Get a reg custom tune. My TM is off and a world of difference. I went with a Black bear tune.

4. June 7, 2012  10:17 pm by S. Martin Reply

I have a Hypertech and I like it. I did some tests on acceleration and I found that on a 0-65 mph test up a hill it cut 1.5 seconds off my record time (three run averaged). It did help improve my gas mileage up to about 14 mpg around town and 18 on the highway. It did not allow me to turn off the traction control on the truck but it did allow me to adjust the speedometer for the 35" tires. I have 18" American Racing Artillery ATF rims but I am not sure what the back spacing is.

5. June 21, 2012  6:32 pm by rrjjpp74 Reply

I am running the RCX 5 inch w/bilstein 5100's cranked up. But only 33's at the moment. It all depends on backspacing of your wheels. But if you want it to clear for sure do the norcal fender mod for NNBS chevys. Do a google search it is easy to do and still looks stock!

6. June 11, 2013  10:38 pm by trumble Reply

You might be hard pressed to not rub with a 35". If you get the right offset wheel and proper back spacing you might get it but I wouldn't bet on it. Also a friend of mine has an 09 with a 6 inch and he wishes he went with 33's rather than 35's. But its your truck and as long as that's what you want then go for it. Good luck!

7. March 8, 2016  2:53 pm by tucker Reply

i have a 2008 gmc sierra and i want to put a 6 inch with 35s, how costly is the "taller gearing" ? thanks!